With the current rise in the popularity of digital marketing, increasing sales using digital media platforms can be one of the best moves your business makes.
Choosing the right strategies based on your business’ goals and objectives will not only increase customer engagement, but will also capture your target audience, generate conversions, and result in sales.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
As we all know, one of the first and most important ways to create an online persona is having a well-built website.
To attract potential customers, brands often focus on making the website as visually appealing as possible. While this is important to get wider attention, SEO is more important to get the attention of your target audience who are likely to convert.
Therefore, businesses need to focus on generating content for the website which will increase their website’s credibility and rank them higher on the SERP.
This means a higher ranking will result in more clicks, generate greater user traffic, more conversions and more sales.
Using Social Media Platforms
Just like a website provides informative content to its audience, social media is important to maintain the brands fame and reputation.
There are different social media channels such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and more, but you should choose few of the ones that resonate the most with your brand. You should search for the different benefits and characteristics of each social media platform to enhance your usage of each of them.
Focus on specific metrics such as shares, likes, comments as these build trust in your brand which increase conversions that will help you to increase your sales.
A/B testing your strategies can help to determine which type of content generates greater conversions and sales.
It is a good idea to split test different kinds of content, landing pages, videos, CTAs and images to see what does well for your audience. Once you find what performs the highest, make it 90% of your strategy. You can continue to develop and experiment with the remaining 10%.
Therefore, digital marketing can provide an option to increase sales and ROI through testing in a proven way.
Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing is one of the trending ways today to engage your audience by producing valuable, meaningful and creative content.
Blogs are great ways to generate website traffic as they increase customer interest and create a positive image for your brand.
Make sure that the content you create is not too specific to the products and services you offer. Instead, you should focus on generalised content that is applicable to people who are in all stages of the sales funnel, from initial awareness to purchase decision. This will attract a wide range of viewers to your website and generate greater interest and awareness in your brand.
One of the great things about digital marketing is that you can monitor the customers who make repeat purchases, who click but don’t convert, and those who abandon their online shopping carts.
Remarketing is a good way to remind buyers of their initial interest in your brand or product to initiate a purchase or repeat purchase.
Remarketing on Facebook, through email campaigns, or through discounts and coupons are great ways to engage your audience.
It is worthwhile creating a Google AdWords account to track users to be able to retarget them. Some of the most effective ways to retarget users include Facebook Remarketing and automated email campaigns using platforms such as Mail Chimp or Ontraport.
This method is beneficial in increasing sales and ROI as customers already know about the brand and are interested in your products and/or services which means it is just a matter of convincing them to convert.
So, get involved in the world of digital marketing and engage your audience with your brand to increase your sales and ROI!